§ 33-26-3. Scope.
This article applies to all kinds of direct insurance, but is not applicable to the following:
(1) Life, annuity, health or disability insurance;
(2) Mortgage guaranty, financial guaranty or other forms of insurance offering protection against investment risks;
(3) Fidelity or surety bonds, or any other bonding obligations;
(4) Credit insurance, vendors' single interest insurance or collateral protection insurance or any similar insurance protecting the interests of a creditor arising out of a creditor-debtor transaction;
(5) Insurance of warranties or service contracts including insurance that provides for the repair, replacement or service of goods or property, indemnification for repair, replacement or service for the operational or structural failure of the goods or property due to a defect in materials, workmanship or normal wear and tear, or provides reimbursement for the liability incurred by the issuer of agreements or service contracts that provide such benefits;
(6) Title insurance;
(7) Ocean marine insurance;
(8) Any transaction or combination of transactions between a person, including affiliates of such person, and an insurer, including affiliates of the insurer, which involves the transfer of investment or credit risk unaccompanied by transfer of insurance risk; or
(9) Any insurance provided by or guaranteed by a government entity or agency.
Acts 1970, c. 52; Acts 1991, c. 16; Acts 2008, c. 120, eff. March 7, 2008; Acts 2017, c. 132, eff. July 7, 2017.
§ 33-26-3. Scope, WV ST § 33-26-3
W. Va. Code, § 33-26-3, WV ST § 33-26-3
Current with legislation of the 2017 First Extraordinary.