West Virginia Insurance Guaranty Association
§ 33-26-9. Plan of operation.
(a) The association shall:
(1) Submit to the commissioner a plan of operation and any amendments thereto necessary or suitable to assure the fair, reasonable and equitable administration of the association. The plan of operation and any amendments thereto become effective upon approval in writing by the commissioner.
(2) If the association fails to submit a suitable plan of operation within ninety days following the effective date of this article or if at any time thereafter the association fails to submit suitable amendments to the plan, the commissioner shall, after notice and hearing, adopt rules for legislative approval as are necessary or advisable to effectuate the provisions of this article. The rules shall continue in force until modified by the commissioner or superseded by a plan submitted by the association and approved by the commissioner. All such rules shall be proposed in accordance with chapter twentynine-a of this code.
(b) All member insurers shall comply with the plan of operation.
(c) The plan of operation shall:
(1) Establish the procedures whereby all the powers and duties of the association under section eight of this article will be performed.
(2) Establish procedures for handling assets of the association.
(3) Establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the board of directors under section seven of this article.
(4) Establish procedures by which claims may be filed with the association and establish acceptable forms of proof of
(5) Establish regular places and times for meetings of the board of directors.
(6) Establish procedures for records to be kept of all financial transactions of the association, its agents and the board of directors.
(7) Provide that any member insurer aggrieved by a final action or decision of the association may appeal to the commissioner within thirty days after the action or decision.
(8) Establish the procedures whereby selections for the board of directors will be submitted to the commissioner.
(9) Contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the execution of the powers and duties of the association.
(d) The plan of operation may provide that any or all powers and duties of the association, except those under subdivision (3), subsection (a), and subdivision (2), subsection (b), section eight of this article are delegated to a corporation, association or other organization which performs or will perform functions similar to those of this association, or its equivalent, in two or more states. Such a corporation, association or organization shall be reimbursed as a servicing facility would be reimbursed and shall be paid for its performance of any other functions of the association. A delegation under this subsection may take effect only with the approval of both the board of directors and the commissioner, and may be made only to a corporation, association or organization which extends protection not substantially less favorable and effective than that provided by this article.
Acts 1970, c. 52; Acts 2017, c. 132, eff. July 7, 2017.
W. Va. Code, § 33-26-9, WV ST § 33-26-9
Current with legislation of the 2017 First Extraordinary.